Greetings, Dear One!
I hope that you and yours have had a great week and I wish you a beautiful Mother's Day weekend ahead!
I can't get far from the house too often these days, so am sharing a few things that I've witnessed around the yard this week. I hope you enjoy them.
1) I discovered this wasp crawling around on a pink peony bud. He happily posed for this photo.
2) My favorite irises are in bloom right now. They're the prettiest shade of lavender and they smell like grape Kool-Aid 💜 (or at least they did before I lost my sense of smell thanks to COVID). 😞
3) This hummingbird was taking a drink from one of the hummingbird feeders on the front porch. That reminds me...I need to make up a new batch of hummingbird food this afternoon (one part regular white sugar to four parts water - heat and stir to dissolve sugar, then cool - refrigerate unused portions).
4) Another pretty purple iris. So far I only have one of this variety. Hopefully they will spread and multiply. Lovely! 💜
5) I snapped a picture of this robin out by the street in front of our house. He (or she) appeared to be searching for worms.
What kind of interesting and pretty things are happening in your yard right now?
Have a great weekend and a Happy Mother's Day! 💐
Until next time...
Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...