Greetings, Dear One! It's Monday morning and it's been a full month since I've posted one of these Master List and Menu Plan Monday posts. Happy First Monday of May! 💐
Basket of Flowers From the Amish Greenhouse
How was your week and weekend? Ours was okay here. No hospital stays or trips to the emergency room anyway. That in itself is an improvement.
We did see our primary care doctor a week ago today. She canceled the chemo and put in a referral for hospice; they were fully on board by Thursday. That, however, in no way means that we are giving up or giving in to this diagnosis. We are still standing on the Word and believing for health, healing, and a full recovery in every area. In the meantime, we're taking one day at time and dealing with things as they come. Your thoughts and prayers during this time are greatly appreciated.
- spend every moment I can loving and encouraging my husband and standing in faith with him 💓
- get an eye exam and pick out new glasses 👀
- go out to the park and pick up some work-from-home projects (my boss is so good...I haven't worked since the middle of March and he's trying to help me keep a paycheck coming in) 💵
- participate in a National Day of Prayer service online (Thursday, May 6, 2021) 🙏
- clean house 🏡
- clean and organize the Van Gogh room (a.k.a. my office - I never did get to it the last time I intended and, now, with all the hospital trips and hospice equipment it really has become a catch-all for anything and everything and is a complete mess) 😞
- do laundry 👕
- wash bedding 🛏
- finished planting the garden 🌱
John isn't eating much these days and all I do is snack and stress-eat. I've been encouraged by my cousin, who has worked in dietary and nutritional education, to get back on track with menu planning and see if we can't get some better nutrition going for both our sakes.
Monday - Poppy seed chicken with rice, rolls, and peas 🐔
Tuesday - Broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole with oven-roasted baby carrots 🧀
Wednesday - Oven-roasted chicken breasts, baked sweet potatoes, and mixed vegetables 🐔
Thursday - Grilled burgers and vegetable kabobs 🐄
Friday - Broiled salmon, baked potatoes, and brussel sprouts 🐟
Saturday - Stuffed shells, green beans, and rolls 🐚
Sunday - Leftovers
Until next time...
Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...