When it comes to gift-giving I tend to be a bit eclectic.
I love giving and receiving homemade gifts, but, in the past, it's always been feast or famine. If the mood strikes, I come up with a homemade gift idea and craft like mad to get them all done before Christmas.
|A few years ago I crocheted stocking for the grandchildren. Each child |
in each family received a different color from all the others.
If the mood does't strike, I settle for purchasing whatever I end up getting.
|This year, my daughter, Amanda, and I made fairy jars|
for each of her siblings and their families.
|My husband and I always save back enough homemade jellies and jams |
to be given as gifts throughout the year and at Christmastime.
And, no matter what else is given...homemade or otherwise...we give each family the upcoming year's Natural Events Calendar from the Missouri Department of Conservation.
|2019 Natural Events Calendar|
On each page there is a beautiful picture that has been taken somewhere within our great state and on most every day there is an entry that tells something that is taking place within the natural world at that particular time of the year.
For example...here are this week's entries...
* Monday, December 10 - "Male black bears are in their winter dens."
* Tuesday, December 11 - "Eastern cottontails use abandoned dens during heavy snow."
* Wednesday, December 12 - "Bald eagles arrive in southern Missouri."
* Thursday, December 13 - "Geminid meteor shower peaks."
* Friday, December 14 - BLANK
* Saturday, December 15 - Skunks sleep when the temperature drops to 15 F or colder."
* Sunday, December 16 - "The leaves of Christmas ferns are green on wooded slopes."
This is a fun way to keep up with what's happening in the natural world and it's an annual gift that most everyone in the family looks forward to. We've been purchasing these calendars and giving them as gifts since we first started homeschooling back in 1989.
When it comes to gift-giving that's a little bit of what we've done in the past. In 2019 I hope to be a bit more crafty and I hope to start early (like in January!).
What about your? Homemade or ???
Until next time...
*Joining in with Jean over at So Not Organized and linking up with Tamy over at Chasing My Life for Blogmas 2018
Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...