I had to work today and, here it is...7:00 p.m....and I am just now getting around to working on today's post! Tomorrow probably won't be much better. I don't have to work tomorrow, but it is dh's birthday and we'll be gone all day. So...nothing fancy, but here goes! 😉
Tamy's selected topic for today is wrapping paper ideas.
The best wrapping tip I can offer is, if you're going to use store-bought wrapping paper, go shopping for next year's wrapping paper the day after Christmas this year. We've done that for years now and last year's prices were so good that we won't have to buy wrapping paper for several years to come. It's worth it to buy a plastic bin that the wrapping paper will fit in to preserve and store it in, too!
I'm also a big fan of those pretty bags that you can get to put odd-shaped things in and look for those when they're on mark-down, as well. I also save bags received and recycle them, as well as big sheets of wrapping paper, tissue paper, and bows.
Other wrapping ideas...
- To be honest, nearly anything you have can be recycled and used creatively to wrap gifts...paper, newsprint, fabric, cardboard containers, and boxes.
- Save and break-down all those boxes that your on-line purchases arrive in. They can be reconstructed when needed, taped with packing tape, and reused throughout the year to pack gifts in to be wrapped or mailed.
- Recycle brown paper bags from the grocery store and use them for wrapping paper by cutting them down one edge and cutting away the bottom. Brown paper can be decorated in a variety of ways...stamps, stickers, paper snowflakes...and wrapped with twine. Very pretty!
- Scraps of material can be stitched up and made into a drawstring bag for bottles and other odd-shaped items.
- Use a bit of natural-colored twine and items found in nature such as winter wildflowers, pine cones, and seed pods to dress up plain packages. These can even be spray-painted gold or silver, if you'd like!
Well..that's all I've got for today!
Until next time...
*Joining in with Jean over at So Not Organized and linking up with Tamy over at Chasing My Life for Blogmas 2018
Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...
|Tamy's List of Ideas for Blogmas 2018|